Sunday, February 26, 2012

Blogspiration (7): Yeah, You Guessed It!


 

Blogspiration is a new weekly meme hosted by GrowingUpYA and Saz101The meme was created to help spark inspiration among bloggers, readers and writers alike. An inspirational quote/picture/video  is posted weekly, on the day of the author's choosing, so that it may inspire creativity, conversation or just a little SOMETHING.





We've decided to spice things up a bit for this week's Blogspiration post and we're asking all you lovely readers...

What Book Inspires You??

If you've read my blog you'll know that I have deep (oh, I mean deep) admiration and respect for Melina Marchetta. 

 

Sooo, the book that I chose was The Piper's Son. There's just something about this novel that I haven't been able to let go of or part with. It's the only book I have ever read that left me feeling completely vulnerable and incredibly emotional. And as someone who rarely cries or gets emotional, the fact that someone's writing was able to get that out of me is some pretty powerful stuff!

As a writer, I am constantly in awe of Marchetta's brilliant storytelling and seemingly effortless delivery. When it comes to her writing I am compelled, I am overjoyed, but most importantly I am inspired.

I am also in author-love with her...and I really, really, really want to be her friend!

:D

Happy Sunday!!

-----

Share your Blogspiration with the Linky Thang!

7 comments:

  1. I'm not a very emotional person either, so when a book can get to you that much, then that is pretty powerful stuff. I will have to check this book out. Thanks

    Mine: http://readingandwritingurbanfantasy.blogspot.com/2012/02/blogspiration-6-guilty-pleasures.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was planning to read her book Saving Francesca!! I will pick it up one of these days :) I've heard great things about her :) Thanks so much for sharing Kristin :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm intrigued! Sounds like a really awesome book, I'll have to check it out! Thanks for the post :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really need to get around to reading The Piper's Son soon! Jellicoe Road is one of my all time favorites, and I loved Saving Francesca as well:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh, Kristin, I could listen to you talk about Melina all day and week and month and year. It's every inch as inspiring to me, as you reading her is to you. I LOVE how much you love her, and I love how much this one inspired and touched you... especially after it took you so long to get into it! *hugs*
    ♥♥♥ you! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to start reading Melina's books. You can really talk an author up. Now I'm intrigued!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Jennifer - OMG! Jennifer, you HAVE TO!!! They're beyond words. I've never loved a book as much as I love this one!

    @Nea - YES!! Read Saving Francesca and THEN read The Piper's Son. You'll be more familiar with the characters. They're all so perfectly imperfect and I wish they were real. Le sigh...

    @Joanne - Seriously, do it! I promise you won't regret it. And if you do...err, you didn't hear it from me :D

    @Nina - I think I loved The Piper's Son more than Jellicoe Road. Don't get me wrong, Jellicoe Road has a special place in my heart, but this book....there was SOMETHING that just got to me. I have no words. I absolutely LOVED IT!

    @Sarah - Um...have I mentioned how much I absolutely ADORE/LOVE you?? Because I do. And YES!! It's soo crazy considering I really wasn't feeling this book in the beginning. In the end? TOTALLY WORTH IT. *hugs*

    @Danielle - YES, YES, YES!!! Please do!!! Seriously, her books are some of the most memorable pieces of literature. To me, Melina Marchetta is a goddess.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...