Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Embrace


Synopsis (Goodreads): Violet Eden dreads her seventeenth birthday. After all, it’s hard to get too excited about the day that marks the anniversary of your mother’s death. As if that wasn’t enough, disturbing dreams haunt her sleep and leave her with very real injuries. There’s a dark tattoo weaving its way up her arms that wasn’t there before.

Violet is determined to get some answers, but nothing could have prepared her for the truth. The guy she thought she could fall in love with has been keeping his identity a secret: he’s only half-human—oh, and same goes for her.

A centuries-old battle between fallen angels and the protectors of humanity has chosen its new warrior. It’s a fight Violet doesn’t want, but she lives her life by two rules: don’t run and don’t quit. When angels seek vengeance and humans are the warriors, you could do a lot worse than betting on Violet Eden…

-----

Funny enough, I read this book right after reading Lauren Kate's Passion. Now, while both novels tackle Angel mythology, they're definitely incomparable. Please know that where Lauren Kate failed to grab my attention, Jessica Shirvington completely succeeded.

Oh, how she succeeded...

This story was everything I could have hoped for...and maybe a little more.  Shirvington definitely set the bar with Embrace.

I mean, I was fully consumed by this book. My attention was snagged by Shirvington's unique take on Angel mythos. It was seriously hard to step away from the book and not wonder what was going to happen next. And even then, she still managed to surprise me and keep me on the edge of my seat.

And, like any great author, just when you think things can't get any better, they give you something to REALLY love. In this case? It was definitely the characters! 

I fully connected with them. And they, in turn, led me through the story. I couldn't help but fall in love with each and every one of their vibrant and remarkably intriguing personalities. 

And then of course there are the boys.  It couldn't be a GrowingUp YA review if I failed to mention the PERFECT, SEXY-in-every-way, BOYS.  To start there's Lincoln, the guy any girl could ask for. *swoons* And then you have Phoenix. *fans self* Whose name just goes to show you that this boy really is on FIRE. *continues to fan self while she drools on the keyboard*  It's a love triangle at its finest. In the most glorious way possible.

Seriously. there's just SO MUCH to love!

Like a magnet, Shirvington pulled me into a world full of secrets, deception and blood-binding ties. And as we all know, in the YA world this can only mean drama, a healthy dose of romance...and uh...did I mention drama??

LOVE IT!

I don't know what I am going to do! I don't think I can wait for the next book in the Violet Eden Chapters, Enticed (September). Maybe I can just take a quick flight over to Australia and pick up a copy...

*looks up flight prices to Australia*   

:o  

*sobs*

Uh...so maybe I can just wait. 

BUT, please know that I won't be happy about it!  *grumble, grumble*

**Thank you to Sourcebooks for the Advanced Reader's Copy of Embrace**

Don't forget to check out my Q&A with Jessica Shirvington 
where you can enter to win a copy of Embrace!!

4 comments:

  1. You're so right, it's really easy to just lose yourself in this story. I take it from the extra drool you're a Phoenix fan?

    Amazing review! I really want to reread Embrace now.

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. fantastic review. i love books with great characters. too bad flights to australia is expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Uh...so maybe I can just wait. "
    NO! NO YOU CAN'T! COME! NOW! >:D

    AAAAH! KRISTIN! You know I'm going to have to read these now? Balls. To much on my list already >:P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sigh. Another one for the monstrous TBR pile. :) Sounds awesome.

    Michelle
    www.michelle-pickett.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...